If any of you have met my fabulous Grandpa John..you know that he is always smiling! He and my Grandma Emma are such great examples to me. They are so kind to everyone. I have never heard my Grandma or Grandpa raise their voices. Everyone of their grandchildren feel like 'they are the favorite grandchild'...to me, that shows that my grandparents did something right. They never told any of us that we are the favorite, but when you are with them, they make you feel like you are the most important to them.
Growing up, every Sunday we would go over to their house. ALL my Aunts, Uncles and cousins would be there. If we were bad during the week, my mom would say..if you keep this up, you aren't going to Grandma's on Sunday..yep, THAT was our punishment! We would do anything just so we could go to Grandma's house.
I love my Grandparents so much! They are truly one of my most favorite people.
Desi was so cute with Preston. I would have Preston laying on my mom's couch and she would just lay her sweet head next to him and stare at him. I love this picture.
Sweet Desi LOVES Steve. When Steve would come over to my mom's after work, Desi would drop anything that she was doing just so she could be by Steve. Steve was holding Preston and pretending to be asleep, a game that Desi loved to play. So Desi nuzzled her way onto the couch and layed by Steve. It didn't matter how long Steve stayed on the couch, Desi was right next to him..all the time. One time Steve was holding Preston and I was sitting next to Steve. Desi came onto the couch and sat between us. She layed her head on Steve's arm, looked at me, and said 'My love him'....oh she is so precious!!!
12 comments:
I love the story of your grandparents. We used to have the same relationship with my mom's parents. The whole family would get together every Sunday. Unfortunately for us and lucky for them, they are now spending time with their family in heaven.
Is is Dec. 17th yet!?! This was such a sweet post! I love the pictures, and seeing Grandpa really makes me excited to come home. We have the BEST family in the world! I love how Desi bonded with Steve, Darren, and Ryan... and those memories of Steve and Desi are so darling. Thanks for blogging about this!
Love you!
Cute pictures. What fun memories all the kids will have spending time with grandparents/great grandparents.
Those are the sweetest pictures ever! I love grandparents. They are the best!
Are you still in the Sandy area? I can't remember where your family moved to. That is great that you have such strong family traditions. Now that I am older and I think back to people who influenced me in my life, one of the families that I think of is yours. You always had such a good strong family and I feel lucky that I hung out with you so much and was able to be influenced by you and your family. I hope to incorporate some of the things that your parents had you do such as only play with family days etc. into my family so that hopefully they will always be close to one another. I hope your whole family is well, what are ryan and darin doing with their lives?
Cute Cute! We have decided to go private so I need your email. Thanks! Hopefully we will see you guys at the Hammer party.
when a kid loves your husband, it makes you love him even more, doesn't it! How exciting for you to get to see your sister for the holidays! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!
Hi Jeana,
It was great to hear from you! Your family is just too cute! I wish you all continued happiness!
Vicki C.
Cute pics, I love pictures with great grandparents and little ones, they are the sweetest. Great memories.
love ya...
Just checking in. I guess it's not very fair for me to read yours somtimes and you can't even try to read mine. e-mail me if you want an invite kyandrach@juno.com
I can't believe you painted over your cute kitchen squares and you had me in tears on your post about trying to get pregnant.
Ha!! Like you are one to talk Ms Hammer. You are the epitamy of that. This probably is going to sound weird because you are older than me, but you have really grown into such an amazing woman and are a shining example. Thanks for being you Jeana Bean. XO
Jeana! Oh man it has been super long since i have seen or heard from you or michelle or your lovely mom ha. How in the world are you? You have such an incredible family. Congrats!Its way good to see you on here and feel free to check my blog. I still remember the days of eating sunday dinners at your house and chilling with your mom hah a
Post a Comment