There are two things I would like to do before I die.
#1 swim with/touch a killer whale
#2 see Celine in concert/person
Let me tell you a story. When I was in the fourth grade I did a report on Killer Whales. That is when the obsession started. In fact, one Christmas, my darling mom and dad gave me nothing but killer whale stuff. It was AWESOME! I had everything from a killer whale calendar to Free Willey the movie. I LOVE KILLER WHALES. So, when I was 14 you can imagine how exited I was that my mom and dad were taking us as a family to Sea World. I had convinced my 14 year old self that my parents had called Sea World and explained my obsession with killer whales. So Sea World was going to choose me to be a part of the show. They were going to pick ME out of the audience and help with Shamu. Well, we get to the show. There I am with my disposable camera ready to take a few pictures and have my named called so I could go down and help...well I waited, and waited, and waited. I took 22 pictures of Shamu, still thinking that even though the show is almost over, 'I am SURE I will be called'. NOPE! some other RANDOM girl was called. 'Oh I get it! My parents set up a special one on one session with Shamu..ok...I am on to them'...NOPE! After the show my mom and dad look at me with huge smiles and say..'well, what did you think?'...I was crushed..I didn't let them know it at the time (in fact, I think I told them only a few years ago about all this)
Fast forward to 2003..mine and Steve's one year anniversary. We decide to go to San Diego. Well, I had convinced my 22 year old self that Steve has ABSOLUTELY called Sea World because I had told him about the crushing experience when I was 14. So, we get to the show..there I am with a disposable camera in hand, ready to be called out from the audience at anytime....anytime now...NOPE! The show ends and Steve gets up to leave..WHAT??!! So I again am left with 22 more pics of Shamu and crushed spirits.
Now in my fabulous parents and my amazing husbands defense..I should have just communicated to them that they should try giving Sea World a call and see what kind of deal they could work out.
Now, on to Celine. HER SHOW IS CANCELLED! SHE IS SICK SO SHE HAS RE-SCHEDULED FOR SOMETIME IN FEBRUARY. The day that she is rescheduled for is a Sunday..so I won't be going...personal decision. I know you are all thinking..Well Jeana, she was in Vegas for FIVE years..you should've gone there, and I AGREE with all of you, and it is something that I am kicking myself for not doing. I have been waiting for ONE YEAR (I think you can recall back to my post LAST November when I was given the tickets) to see her. All I have ever wanted to do since I heard the cd Colour of my love was to hear her live.
One day both of these 'wants' will happen, and I can't wait for that day!!
Well, that's my sob story for night. Thanks for reading :0)
15 comments:
I am sorry that Sea World did not communicate properly with your parents or your husband! I got the drift and we are going there the first weekend of June and you are more than welcomed to come with us and if you would like me to call Shamus trainers myself I will do that for you!!! As for Celine I keep trying to call her but her dang line is busy..... maybe she took it off the hook because she is sick and trying to rest! I will keep trying! Hope Feb. comes fast for you!
YOU ARE KIDDING ME! I am so sorry about Celine... and Shamu for that matter. No worries though! I am still coming for Christmas and when I leave you will have the concert to look forward to! Love you!
How sad Jeana! But I have complete faith in the powers that be that you WILL get to see Celine and play with Shamu someday. Keep wanting it bad enough and it will happen! You're SO close!!!
I am sorry! I love Celine Dion too. On occasion I will rock out to her in the car and Steve just laughs at me. Steve has the exact same dream as you except he wants to swim with a humpback whale. He did the report and everything too. I also got scuba certified so he could possibly see one in the ocean. I hope your dream comes true!
Jeana,
I am so sorry about Celine. I was so sad when I heard she was sick!!! You will still go in February right?!!
Jeana Jeana Jeana...you need to go. Its ok its on a Sunday. All you will be doing is sitting and listening to an AMAZING singer sing your favorite songs. So whats the difference between that and listening to her CD at home. I give you special permission to go. And yes I am qualified to give you that permission :) I love you!
p.s. I will never go to Sea World without you again. I promise. And you can come do all the behind the scenes with the dolphins with us. Its not the same as Shamu but pretty cool non the less. I love you my precious butt cheek!
pps. Oh yeah on the night you were supposed to go to Celine next week lets go out just girls. Lets get dinner and do something fun!
Oh boy...didnt you have one of those shirts that changed colors with the temperature of shamu too?? And that stuffed animal that had "formed to your head" that you slept on? Goodness gracious my dear Jeana. You make me giggle and yell a little bit too, in fact it was something like this..."WHAT?? YOU ARENT GOING!?!? JEANA GO!"
I can vouch for her obsession of Celine... Trust me I had to sit with her in a dark theater for at least 15 minutes while she tried to stop sobbing after watching "Titanic." And even though the movie might have touched her, it was the song that did her in. Embarrassing at the time, now its just quite comical.
Jeana - I dont have your email or phone number so I hope this gets to you... us girl cousins are going to see Twilight after Gma Gina's bday party this Saturday - would you like to join us? The show is at 5:30 at Jordan Commons and the ticket is $6.25 (we already have the ticket). Call or email me - alisabarnes78@msn.com or 801-712-0891
Oh Jeana... I have no words! I can't even imagine how sad you are! But at least you now have something to look forward to in February?
Goodnes, that is a let-down for sure. I have to tell you that I am laughing so hard I might have pee'd little. You are to funny and I LOVED running into you the other night. Well your wishes are out there and I am sure you won't be dissapointed the next time you go see Shamu. Oh well kiss those 44 pictures it might help ease the pain...LOL
can't Steve put a call into Celine and get it changed to a Saturday:) What a bummer! You ae a strong person though for sticking with your beliefs!
I share the love for killer whales and i still laugh about my dream. I will see a killer whale before i die,no if ands or buts. But wow celine is the icing on the cake for you...oh geez i feel so bad for you,you are a way beeter person than me for the whole sunday thing!!!Just go!!! im bad i know
emily said you had a blog and i decided to check it out. funny, i remember that killer whale report. i did mine on dolphins, i finally got to swim with them about two years ago on a vacation to mexico. you have a cute family.
Post a Comment